Successful breeding just got easier. Eazi-Breed™ CIDR® Cattle Insert can improve the timing and efficiency of a breeding program. Eazi-Breed CIDR helps to improve the effectiveness of reproduction programs by tightening estrus synchronization so groups of cows and heifers come into heat and can be bred in a narrow window. Groups of cows also can be synchronized to return to estrus after insemination for potential rebreeding in a desired time frame. 10 Cidrs per pack!
Each insert is impregnated with 1.38 grams of progesterone in elastic silicone molded over a nylon spine. Inserts are packaged in a plastic pouch with 10 inserts to a pouch. A special Eazi-Breed™ CIDR® applicator is provided separately.
For best results, follow these steps:
- Wear protective gloves whenever handling the Eazi-Breed CIDR.
- Prepare a container of clean water with disinfectant solution to wash the applicator between uses.
- Fit the body of the insert into the applicator with the tail along the slot. The two wings will be pushed together, protruding about 1 inch above the top of the applicator.
- Apply a generous amount of lubricant to the tip of the insert.
- Shift the animal's tail to one side, and clean the vulva.
- Make sure the tail of the Eazi-BreedCIDR Cattle Insert is facing upwards.
- Open the lips of the vulva and insert the applicator at a slight upward angle, moving forward over the pelvic bone until it meets resistance, then rotate the applicator so the tail is curling down to hide from curious penmates.
- Dispense the insert from the applicator by depressing the plunger, then slowly withdraw the applicator body.
- To prevent removal by curious penmates, you may want to clip the tail of the insert so that 2.5 inches protrude from the vulva.
- To withdraw the insert, simply give the tail a gentle but firm pull to release the insert.
- Dispose of used inserts in a sealed, plastic container in accordance with applicable local, state and federal regulations.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION:
Avoid contact with skin by wearing protective gloves when handling EAZI-BREED CIDR inserts. Do not use in heifers of insufficient size or age for breeding or in cattle with abnormal, immature, or infected genital tracts.
Federal law restricts this designated brand be used by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.